Everytime I facilitate a Compassion Cultivation Training© class, I learn more and deepen my practice of compassion. It’s an incredible, ever-renewing and endless resource for me – a source of strength, purpose and calm.
Here are a few of my favorite Science of Compassion resources for you to explore:
- Video of Emiliana Simon-Thomas describing the brain structures involved in compassion.
- Randomized controlled trial of CCT and enhancing compassion, 2012 full paper
- CCT study on mindfulness, affect and emotion regulation published in 2013, full paper.
- Study on CCT and mind wandering published 2015, full paper.
- Videos of past conferences, presentations and events at Stanford University’s Center for Compassion and Altruism Research and Education (CCARE).
- Peer reviewed CCARE articles.
- The Wellspring Institute’s library of key scientific papers on brain science, relationships, well-being, and more.