Are you an expert in your field who is now in a teaching role? Maybe you’re training new team members at work, teaching a class at the local college, or guest instructing. Maybe you’re creating a course to teach at a private continuing education program.
Whatever the case may be, I love working with experts like you who are teaching others! Here are my steps for Educational Consulting:
- Assessment. I review your teaching materials, lesson plans and curriculum. If I can observe you teaching in person or online, I’ll do that too.
- Principles of teaching and learning in adulthood. I give you an overview of the research, principles and philosophy of adult education. This will include a review of best practices and how to think about your role as an instructor.
- Implementation. I’ll give you a list of very easy-to-implement teaching strategies for creating engaging learning experiences. You update your lesson plans and materials.
- Evaluation. You use the new teaching strategies and let me know how it goes so we can adjust as needed.
- Your knowledge and expertise is conveyed and understood by your students
- Everyone in the classroom or training learned something new, and everyone (including you) had fun!
- You have a deeper understanding of teaching and learning in adulthood
- You have a new set of strategies and tools to make your classes interesting and memorable